Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Damn good Peanut Butter Cookies.

I bought a jar of peanut butter that I didnt particularly like, but instead of just tossing it, I decided to make these cookies. I had forgotten about these gems, and remembered them as I was also trying to come up with a treat for a friends daughter who is gluten and dairy intolerant, who had jsut broken her elbow. ouch. I first discovered these in Gourmet or some other magazine a while back, and was intrigued by the fact that they were so easy to make and only had a handful of ingredients. even better now, with less time to bake. any recipe that I can do one handed while holding a curious 28 pound toddler is a keeper.





you MUST try these.
and, if you like your cookies chewy like me, you should definitely underbake them just slightly.

1 cup chunky peanut butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
4 oz chocolate chips (if you are dairy intolerant, make sure the bag says "Parve,"meaning Kosher, or dairy free. I used the Trader Joes chips)

mix all ingredients except the chips until smooth. add the chips. mound by the Tablespoon onto a siplat or an ungreased cookie sheet. Should make just over a dozen cookies. Bake at 350 for 7 minutes, turn the tray, then bake for about 7 minutes more. check on them before the 14 min mark to see how they are. when they look puffy, but just slightly under, pull 'em.

I took these to a playgroup and so wish I could have had a camera to capture the chocolate all over the faces of the kiddos. they are messy, but delish.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

amy said...

yum. where have i been...?!?! i will make these. wish i had some right now.