Saturday, September 04, 2010

Fatty pancakes. oh so good.


I like to make Pancakes for Z at least once a week.

I had an extra bit of cream and egg yolks from some cake baking a while back and found the perfect place to put them. I call them fatty pancakes because they contain just that: butter, cream and egg yolks. and, surprise surprise? They were really good.

I thought I would share the recipe with you.

adapted from the King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion, but just slightly altered..

2 cups flour
2 Tablspoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 yolks
1 1/4 cup heavy cream
1 1/4 cups Greek Yogurt 0% (original recipe does call for buttermilk)
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 cup milk

whisk dry ingredients in a med bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients. add the wet to dry and mix to combine. try not to overmix.

make your pancakes, and dont forget the butter and honey! mmmmm, good.

No comments: