Saturday, August 28, 2010

Oh Fudge.


Fudge isn't just for the holidays anymore, at least not in my kitchen where we still are without a functioning oven. But, the burners still work, so thank goodness for that. I have spent the last month eating peanut butter and chocolate chips.


Which is pretty good.

But, I miss the baking, and I have been trying to come up with things to make without an oven. no bake cheesecake? no bake cookies?

so far, I have made cookie dough and that's about it. I guess I made some ice cream too. but, that is a separate post entirely. I just felt like 'baking' something.

So, I broke down and made some sweet sweet fudge.

I don't make fudge alot. and, it was good, but for me to post it here, it might need a little tweaking. I used the ol' Marshmallow creme, chocolate chip, evap milk, butter combo with a healthy dose of sugar. It was good, but I think next time,  and I can't believe I am going to say this, but, next time, I might even add nuts. I am normally NOT a nut in fudge/brownies/cookies/banana bread person. unless its oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and the nut is a nicely toasted pecan.  (long live the Crusty Loaf for turning me onto that one.) But, I think my fudge could have used a little savory. It was all too sweet. And, I think next time I would use a really dark chocolate instead of  both semi sweet and milk chocolate chips...

My hope though is that next time isn't until the Holidays roll around, and that much before then, like next week, I will be baking up some nice muffins, in a new working oven.

we are close. just crossing fingers.
and toes.



No comments: