Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Apricot and Raisin Oatcakes.



I suppose I should be napping right now. But, I have to tell you about these. I am not sure how I even thought of these things, but it must have been while I was nursing at 2 in the morning. things just pop into my head, random things. and, the other day, it must have been these oatcakes from my youth. I just remember eating these after a hard swim workout when my mom would take me to the bakery in town. Of course, this must have been after my chocolate croissant days, possibly in my high school years when I was an awkward teenager concerned a little more about what I ate, and carbs were all the rage.

These are dense and not all that flavorful. sound good right? well, they actually are, which is kind of crazy. SO, the other day, I was inspired to try and make some at home. 


They are lightly sweet, and the more dried fruit you pack into them, the better.

Apricot and Raisin Oatcakes

3 cups oats, ground in cuisinart
2 c flour
1/4 teas baking powder

1/3 cup yogurt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup honey
1 teas vanilla
1 egg white

1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup apricots, dried, and diced.

mix first three ingredients, set aside. mix 2nd five ingredients. pour into dry mix and combine. add raisins and apricots and mix. it may to be mixed by hand, it gets fairly stiff.
form 2 dozen hockey puck sized patties. bake 325 for 20 minutes.




No comments: